Sunday, July 17, 2005

The maid debate

Off with the 4 days leave for maids?

And I thought they always had 4 days leave - at least - per month. At least that was the case when I had maids cleaning up my mess quite awhile ago.

It's another one of those 'I don't want to work but everybody else must work for me to enjoy' kinda bullshit.
These are the people who are screaming against giving additional days of for maids:

* Singaporeans who work
* Singaporeans who work and ask for pay rises
* Singaporeans who work, ask for pay rise and additional time off
* Singaporeans who work, ask for pay rise and additional time off and bitch when they don't get it

Yea, ok fine. So the Singaporeans who work, ask for pay rise and additional time off and bitch when they don't get it also need things like a social life, the occasional ONS, recreational time and whatever luxuries they wanna get/do.

Don't maids need that as well?

Btw, if you have noticed, those who are against the measly 4 day leave are mostly from the 'Middle Class'...most likely the ones who think the whole word is at their mercy just because they upgraded from a HDB flat to a 3 room condo.

Pathetic.

Seems like it is us 'educated' Singaporeans who needs to be educated on the topic of morality.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lethal man.. be careful of getting sued just because it seems that the message u are sending across is that middleclass singaporeans are lofty pathetic creatures and that u are a filthy rich asre-hole.. (this comment's meant to be constructive.. in no way am i judging you or your ideas.. no offence k? just an unbiased perception)..

5:55 PM  
Blogger Bugger said...

Agree, though this comment has one biased in action: that a upper class individual will demean a lower class individual.

I agree. My language is a little 'coarse'. However, I think it is unfair to assume that 'I am a rich etc etc...' because there was no indication of that.

Just for the record: I am amongst the middleclass ^^

Also, note that I mentioned: most of those who complained are from the middle class. This means many things.

1. Just like a rectangle is a square, but a square isn't a rectangle...most complainers are from the middle class...but not all middle class are pathetic complainers. Another biased assumption working in the background.

2. I haven't seen any 'high profile' complaints lodged by the people who really are in the 'upper class'. Well, I believe there's a reason for that, though I will reserve that for another topic for another day...

Hmm...try looking past the anger in the post and you might actually find a pretty reasonable viewpoint eh?

=p

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home